Time
My times are in your hands... Psalm 31:15
But Timothy has just now come to us from you and has brought good news about your faith and love. He has told us that you always have pleasant memories of us and that you long to see us, just as we also long to see you. 1 Thessalonians 3:6
Time is a funny thing. It's part of creation, right? In Genesis 1:14, God puts the sun, moon, and stars in the sky to mark the seasons, days, and years.
Today, I'm feeling rather pensive. I just saw some friends whom I hadn't seen in a year. I loved seeing them, but oh, it made me sad too because I realized how much I wished I could see them more! That's the story of summer trips to the States - "Oh, good to see you! Guess I'll see you again maybe.... in another year?" It's really great, and really painful, all at the same time. I feel maybe a little bit like Paul must have felt as He missed the people he knew in different parts of the world. I love visiting with people and three hours a year just really does not suffice. I realize how much more I'd like to be a part of their life and them a part of mine, and the problem is, I don't see any remedy for it, so it hurts. But there is good news too, right? We know that when we are in the family of Christ, we do share our lives and work together. We are all parts of the same body - Christ. We hold to the hope that by the grace of God, through Christ, we have all eternity to spend together in the presence of God. I look forward to that, because the time here really is too short.
But Timothy has just now come to us from you and has brought good news about your faith and love. He has told us that you always have pleasant memories of us and that you long to see us, just as we also long to see you. 1 Thessalonians 3:6
Time is a funny thing. It's part of creation, right? In Genesis 1:14, God puts the sun, moon, and stars in the sky to mark the seasons, days, and years.
Today, I'm feeling rather pensive. I just saw some friends whom I hadn't seen in a year. I loved seeing them, but oh, it made me sad too because I realized how much I wished I could see them more! That's the story of summer trips to the States - "Oh, good to see you! Guess I'll see you again maybe.... in another year?" It's really great, and really painful, all at the same time. I feel maybe a little bit like Paul must have felt as He missed the people he knew in different parts of the world. I love visiting with people and three hours a year just really does not suffice. I realize how much more I'd like to be a part of their life and them a part of mine, and the problem is, I don't see any remedy for it, so it hurts. But there is good news too, right? We know that when we are in the family of Christ, we do share our lives and work together. We are all parts of the same body - Christ. We hold to the hope that by the grace of God, through Christ, we have all eternity to spend together in the presence of God. I look forward to that, because the time here really is too short.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home