Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back in the Saddle

Hey, all!

Anna Meyer here, reporting from Taiwan. The weather is windy due to the typhoon to the west of us. Thankfully, we haven't had any really destructive weather here, just wind enough to make biking burn a few extra calories.

Summer school is officially finished. (Yay!) I taught the last week of it and went on a field trip to a science museum in Taichung. It was crazy. I like regular school better. But the field trip was fun.

We have four fabulous new members of the team, and I praise God for them! They have new energy, ideas, and hearts for service here in Taiwan! Please pray that God will encourage them and strengthen them in their time here as He works through them in amazing ways. Please also pray for the team, that we can support each other and build each other up as brothers and sisters in Christ.

The apartment is coming right along. With the help of many, and one student's mother in particular, we are well on our way to a fully functional kitchen! The most exciting part for me is that our refrigerator now works! WOOHOO! We also now have internet at the apartment and I hope to make good use of that and blog a little bit more to keep everyone up to date with what's going on here!

This past week, a few of us were blessed with the opportunity to relax, get to know the new teammembers, and vacation a bit around the island. We spent Thursday in Taipei, exploring the tallest building in the world, admiring Chinese art and artifacts at the National Palace Museum, running up the stairs of the Chang Kai Shek memorial as they closed the door in our faces at sundown, eating at T.G.I. Fridays, and riding in taxis, buses, and on the MRT. It was pretty neat. Especially in such good company. Here are a couple pictures (courtesy of Beka) from Thursday:

The group that went on Thursday, minus Beka who was taking the picture.


We were showing off our martial art skills.


We got shut out of the memorial. Maybe we'll see it next time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love the daytrip pictures! You & the team & it's ministry are always in my prayers.

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home