Bringing Home a Taste of Taiwan
This summer has been amazing so far. I love seeing people I love - family, friends, old and new. I love seeing places that are so familiar and dear to me. Someone once told me that coming back from being overseas must be like the tinniest taste of heaven - feeling like, "This is where I belong." And seeing the faces of loved ones. Alas, if that is the case, it is just the most minuscule taste of what heaven may be like. Because there are days here too that I feel like I don't belong, and that I don't understand what's going on... Also, my heart aches here, as soon as I say hi, I'm saying bye again... for another year. Heaven won't be like that. Praise God.
At any rate, I have a picture I wanted to share. I was able to hand out t-shirts to all my relatives. The front says, "Jesus gives true peace." The back says, "Concordia Middle School." It was a huge joy to see my family decked out in Chinese and with the name of my school displayed on their backs. It reminded me how blessed I am to have a HUGE support group - not only of family - but of all you that read this, read my newsletters, send a greeting, say a prayer. Thanks, thanks, and many thanks.


At any rate, I have a picture I wanted to share. I was able to hand out t-shirts to all my relatives. The front says, "Jesus gives true peace." The back says, "Concordia Middle School." It was a huge joy to see my family decked out in Chinese and with the name of my school displayed on their backs. It reminded me how blessed I am to have a HUGE support group - not only of family - but of all you that read this, read my newsletters, send a greeting, say a prayer. Thanks, thanks, and many thanks.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home