Sunday, February 25, 2007

Happy Chinese New Year!

I was able to travel with my friend, Miya, to visit her family in Keelung on the northern coast of Taiwan. It was a great time seeing some beautiful sights with her family and experiencing my first big Taiwanese family get together for the biggest holiday of the year here!

Miya took me to try some of her favorite foods at the Keelung nightmarket.


The northern coast of Taiwan.


Miya with her father and brothers. Note the fascinating rock formations!




The traditional ancestor worship altar in the living room of the home we visited.


New Year's dinner! Yum!


We wrote blessings/wishes on 3 different lanterns and sent them flying up into the sky.




Mine was the only one written in English (though I did sign my name in Chinese! It said, "May all people know peace and love in Jesus Christ. Happy New Year!" :)


Singing with one of the aunts New Year's evening.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna,

I truly enjoyed reading about your New Years experience that your cousin Michelle shared with me via email. I praise God for you willingness to serve the Lord and for your desire to touch and change lives. May He strengthen you and give you opportunity to shake the sin right out of people's lives and may the truth of the gospel pierce hearts and minds. Good job faithful servant! In Christ's love,
Ben Venteicher

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home