Good Gravy
I guess I'm out of blogger-cizing shape this year. Maybe the things I experience daily aren't as new and seemingly blog-worthy this year. Or maybe I'm not on the computer as much. Either way, that's an okay thing I think.
Things are going well here. If I get going, I could just go on and on, so again, I will leave this entry as pictures with little explanations.
Let's say this one is for October... I'll move on to November in another post.
First, there was the marriage ceremony on Alishan Mountain. Even though there were colorful aboriginal costumes, rice wine, a certificate, and a tribal leader involved, it was not a certified marriage. I think. And I hope. No offense, Elden. :) Maybe if the proposal hadn't come from the crabby-looking guy running the show...
Every year, there is a dance and wedding ceremony show put on by some of the aboriginal Taiwanese people. Perhaps some of you remember the pictures I shared last year when two others in our party were the lucky ones picked to participate in the marriage festivities.
We foreigners really must look strange... strange enough to attract the attention of some college news teams. Here we are being interviewed.

The head tribesman overseeing our sip of rice wine.

A close-up of the headgear.

Some of the dancers from an earlier part of the production.

Also, in October were the Halloween festivities. I'm not a huge fan of this holiday, but the costumes are cute. We had the theme of "occupations" this year.

A baseball star and a samurai :)

One of the kindergarteners while trick-or-treating around campus.

Sir Knight Michael leading the "bobbing" for a cookie activity!

Hope you enjoyed this glimpse into a couple of the October activities here in Taiwan.
Things are going well here. If I get going, I could just go on and on, so again, I will leave this entry as pictures with little explanations.
Let's say this one is for October... I'll move on to November in another post.
First, there was the marriage ceremony on Alishan Mountain. Even though there were colorful aboriginal costumes, rice wine, a certificate, and a tribal leader involved, it was not a certified marriage. I think. And I hope. No offense, Elden. :) Maybe if the proposal hadn't come from the crabby-looking guy running the show...
Every year, there is a dance and wedding ceremony show put on by some of the aboriginal Taiwanese people. Perhaps some of you remember the pictures I shared last year when two others in our party were the lucky ones picked to participate in the marriage festivities.
We foreigners really must look strange... strange enough to attract the attention of some college news teams. Here we are being interviewed.

The head tribesman overseeing our sip of rice wine.

A close-up of the headgear.

Some of the dancers from an earlier part of the production.

Also, in October were the Halloween festivities. I'm not a huge fan of this holiday, but the costumes are cute. We had the theme of "occupations" this year.

A baseball star and a samurai :)

One of the kindergarteners while trick-or-treating around campus.

Sir Knight Michael leading the "bobbing" for a cookie activity!

Hope you enjoyed this glimpse into a couple of the October activities here in Taiwan.

2 Comments:
headgear with brown aborigines "of taiwan" ...wow ^___^
nice shot maybe to NGM ...who's copy right ?! :P
Stanley say YA...
Hey Anna,
How is the second year going? I can see that you are having adventures in and out of the classroom. Are you feeling more comfortable with what you're doing? It looks like it. :)
I'm in the midst of grad school work. I'm currently avoiding a paper that I'm supposed to be writing, so I'd better get back to it.
your in-a-years-time Seward alum friend,
erin :)
Post a Comment
<< Home