Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Croc Hunter

While I checking my email the other day, I saw a news brief come up on the sidebar of MSN that Steve Irwin had died. I just stared at it. I had spent so many hours watching his shows with my brother, talking like him, laughing at him, but I really really did appreciate him. One time a friend cheered me up by doing a Croc Hunter voice for me and I said (sincerely, though I still take slack for it today :)) "I love the Crocodile Hunter! God bless you!" I think it was his enthusiasm. I love enthusiasm. That's why I teach little kids. They are great models of enthusiasm and it's contageous. I also loved how he wondered at and found ever-new amazement at God's creation! He had a heart for caring for the environment and the animals that God created for us to care for... I learned from him, was entertained, and hoping that this is not sounding too corny, I really was inspired by him.

So I am grieving. It's a weird grief because it's almost like having your favorite fiction character in a novel die or something.... since I didn't really KNOW Steve Irwin... but it's not like that, because he is real. And he has a real wife and two real little children. I've been praying for them. I can't imagine their grief. I really hope he knew Jesus.

I suppose though, all the times I laughed at how many times he had been to an emergency room and in harm's way... now it's not really so funny. So I think I'll be enthusiastic about God's creation... but maybe in a less dangerous way?

At any rate, I liked him, and I will miss him. <><

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I read about this about midnight Sunday night from one of my Aussie friends on a forum. I was stunned! I figure this would probably happen someday, but was still stunned. He loved what he did and it showed.

Wouldn't it be neat if all Christians were that enthusiastic about our Savior!

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna,

All of my little people were talking about him and his death yesterday morning. We were praying for his family. It was hard to talk about him and his faith because we don't know. I think that they were more facinated by how he died. It would be cooler if they were facinated by Jesus. :)

love you lots!
erin

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home