Long Journey, Big Blessings
To make a long story short, last week I missed my international flight from LAX to Taipei. There is quite a bit to this story. It has a little something to do with Chicago and ridiculous delays, but I'm not going to go into all of that now. If you would like details, you may ask. However, this story also has something to do with me in tears in the middle of the night at the LAX international terminal with no place to stay and with only a "maybe" of getting on a 5:30 PM flight to Taipei the next day... but that's when God sent quick help. :)
A wonderful lady who let me stay with her when I became suddenly stranded in LAX at 1:00am.

A great new friend who switched seats on the plane to keep me company on the long flight over the ocean a day later than originally planned.

Praise God for new friends and for the kindness He has grown in so many hearts! Thank you to all of you who kept the traveling in your prayers. I was surprisingly calm and cheerful (albeit slightly tired and teary at a couple points) through the whole travel ordeal. And though there were a few other "change of plans" or "bumps in the road" in others' travel, the foreign teachers are all now safely back in Taiwan and excited to begin this next school year! PRAISE GOD!
A wonderful lady who let me stay with her when I became suddenly stranded in LAX at 1:00am.

A great new friend who switched seats on the plane to keep me company on the long flight over the ocean a day later than originally planned.

Praise God for new friends and for the kindness He has grown in so many hearts! Thank you to all of you who kept the traveling in your prayers. I was surprisingly calm and cheerful (albeit slightly tired and teary at a couple points) through the whole travel ordeal. And though there were a few other "change of plans" or "bumps in the road" in others' travel, the foreign teachers are all now safely back in Taiwan and excited to begin this next school year! PRAISE GOD!

2 Comments:
Oh Anna, I'll have to give you contact information for the the next time you are stuck in LAX land. At one in the morning, it is only about an hour away. Anytime you need it, Jed and I can help you out!
Glad you arrived safely.
I thought Uncle Dave and I had a horrible day getting back from New York. At least it wasn't that long of a delay. That was awful!
Post a Comment
<< Home