not what I expected!
Just now, about a half and hour before I am headed into the office for the day, I finished Great Expectations, and was completely thrown off by the ending. I read the last line and said out loud, "WHAT?!"
I think the book is magnificent, but the last two chapters were NOT the picture I had been painting in my head the whole way through. I adored the book all through, but am presently sitting here with my nose scruntched up, wondering at what just happened.
Now I'm laughing at myself for expecting an ending of Great Expectations that was to my liking more than to the characters' and I am coming to the conclusion that probably the characters are more happy this way than ever with the way I had mapped out.
It's just amusing to me because it's a perfect (albeit very minor) example of my last blog. "What! That's not what I wanted!.... huh... well, I guess maybe it works out much better this way..."
I hope I've not said too much to ruin any of the novel for anyone. Don't assume anything from my comments. I perhaps carry different opinions from a great many people of how stories "should" go. :)
Now to get my hands on A Tale of Two Cities...
I think the book is magnificent, but the last two chapters were NOT the picture I had been painting in my head the whole way through. I adored the book all through, but am presently sitting here with my nose scruntched up, wondering at what just happened.
Now I'm laughing at myself for expecting an ending of Great Expectations that was to my liking more than to the characters' and I am coming to the conclusion that probably the characters are more happy this way than ever with the way I had mapped out.
It's just amusing to me because it's a perfect (albeit very minor) example of my last blog. "What! That's not what I wanted!.... huh... well, I guess maybe it works out much better this way..."
I hope I've not said too much to ruin any of the novel for anyone. Don't assume anything from my comments. I perhaps carry different opinions from a great many people of how stories "should" go. :)
Now to get my hands on A Tale of Two Cities...

1 Comments:
Where did you find it? Interesting read yasmine bubble ass Graduate nursing programs online How nexium works Tadalafil vs sildenafil citrate callcenter ciepownictwo Verizon phone downloads call centers in egypt Call centers hyderabad india Jenna jameson video clip Duracraft hepa filters da3006 callcenter nywhere call center in job london How to dress for work without much money What does trimming golf shaft do debt online casino blackjack Black lesbian porn woman Sparkrite sra8 car alarm 12-2180a optimus cd changer New hampshire ephedra attorney
Post a Comment
<< Home