A Museum Park

This is classic.
Last night at Bible study, I was invited to go with two students and their mom to a "museum park." I didn't quite know what this was, but it sounded nice.
On the way to the "museum park" this morning, I found out that the mom would wait outside the park and visit with a friend while the girls and I and two guys (the sons of the friend) went into the park. The mom explained that she didn't really enjoy the rides.
Wait. Rides?
There had been a slight mixup. She said, "I think I said that wrong." She had meant to say "amusement park." :) It was VERY funny and we laughed about it quite a bit. The mom was concerned if I was okay with an amusement park, and I assured her that I was as I switched my mental preparations from strolling around a park, looking at art, to riding roller coasters and standing in lines for swirly rides.
The day was a ton of fun! I hadn't been on amusement park rides for quite a while, and it was really great to be back on those things! The students I was with were great company and willing to try all the rides! My favorite rides were: 1) one where you lay on your stomach and spin in a a circle in the air like superman, 2) one that shot you straight up into the air and then bounced you up and down some, 3) the giant ferris wheel. They also had a "G5" drop coaster-type thing there... I went on it and was brought back to high school physics and our gravity-force-testing-sticks that we got to experiment with at Great America. Good times.
It also was a great day because it gave me a chance to listen/share more with these people who are asking questions about faith... as God is moving their hearts with His grace... grace, God's undeserved love and righteousness for sinners... the gift won for us and offered freely because of Jesus Christ's sacrifice and victory.
Good stuff, that.
A view from the top of the ferris wheel, overlooking a roller coaster and the Taiwan landscape. Gotta love the mountains.

They had these various creatures you could crawl into and then drive around the park... However, I'm pretty sure they were not made for people my size.

The flying ride...

1 Comments:
Looks like lots of fun!
Post a Comment
<< Home