Pride and... Disappointment
Well, I've been informed that the new movie version of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice came out in the States this weekend. I looked online to see when it would be released here in Taiwan (as I've eagerly been awaiting the moment for months now... since I read the book this summer actually) and found that it was simply not being released. The closest I could find was Hong Kong in Feb. Ah well. My brother and I plotted my flying home to see it with him. :) But alas, the logistics of the matter could not be worked out :) and therefore, seeing the film will have to be something to look forward to at a much later date. But I must confess I'm disappointed. I've watched the trailer for it quite a few times now since someone showed it to me summer, and I still get goosebumps of joy every time I watch it. Ridiculous? Maybe, but that's okay. (Side note - actually, it may just be the music. Have you seen this trailer? The music for the second half is fantastic.) Why do I like this story so much? I have no idea. Actually... no, that's a lie. It's probably the same reason why any girl who has read the book likes it so much - we want to be Miss Elizabeth Bennet, witty, strong, independent, intelligent, well spoken, and slowly and unwittingly falling in love with the handsome-hearted, kind and good, albeit hard to get to know Mr. Darcy. (Who actually loved us first!) Yes. That's probably it. That explains my special admiration of other such movies - Sense and Sensibility, Anne of Green Gables, Little Women, and so forth. So there you have it. I hear the movie is getting good reviews, so if you're looking for something to do one of these evenings, I'd recommend going to see it. If you aren't a romantic and therefore don't get happy goosebumps from such movies, at least I can tell you you'll probably get a good laugh or two.
Okay, time to end this silly entry! Something of more substance next time. I promise. :)
Okay, time to end this silly entry! Something of more substance next time. I promise. :)

2 Comments:
Oh Anna, I can imagine your sorrow and disappointment about Pride and Prejudice. That is a bummer! If I could send you a copy sooner I would. :) PBS had the 1940s version on last night. I only saw the last 20 minutes, but they succeeded in completely making everyone okay in the end- even Lady Catherine de Burgh and the hard to love sister Mary. It was so 1940! Very funny to watch.
I'm praying for you my lovely, witty, strong in Christ, independent, intellegent and well-spoken friend.
erin :)
You totally are that girl from Pride and Prejudice, Anna. I've not read or watched it, but I think Jane Austen had her future goggles on when she wrote it. All you need is to find that guy who's already in love with you! I'll actually bet there's ten of them, so be on guard!
Post a Comment
<< Home