Praying for Daylight
Why is Wednesday spelled the way it is?
Today I saw my first street jogger in Taiwan. He was an inspiring older man.
Today, a guy on a scooter kept trying to ask me something (in Mandarin). I kept responding in Mandarin, "I don't understand. Goodbye." He kept trying to talk to me. I finally said in Spanish that I don't understand. Then he left me alone.
Today I had my first actual Chinese lesson and it was a beautiful feeling to be a student again. I love being a teacher. I love being a student. Roger that, though I've often doubted it, the field of education is the place for me.
I heard a country song playing in a bakery today. "Praying for Daylight" by Rascal Flatts to be exact. I joyfully sang along. The workers thought that was... interesting.
At the store last weekend, I found out that I now stare at other foreigners as much as I get stared at myself. They (we) really do look funny.
We had a semi-exciting power outage last night. You could here the students in the dorms yelling. One guy came and told us that they didn't know what to do because they had to study for a test the next day. I considered it a very fine excuse to go to bed early.
Sandra, one of my Chinese teachers and a member at Salvation church, informed me today that there is a PIANO on it's way to find a new home at the Practice!! Michelle and I had both been inquiring after a piano for a while now, and we were overjoyed to hear the news that there was an extra one we could put to good use! (This beats our plan B of purchasing a full keyboard at Carrefour. I wasn't sure how we'd manage to get that one strapped to our bikes anyhow.) All we'll have to do is move the dryer to get this fantastic new addition through the back door next week. YES!
And now the photo of the (yester)day:

It was air conditioner cleaning day at the Practice. Very much a surprise. Very much appreciated. Very glad I made my bed that morning.
This weekend, since Monday is a national holiday, "10-10," we are going on a camping excursion with the CELA staff. (Yes, camping-camping with tents and sleeping bags.) One of those who are not Christian suggested we have a Bible study on Sunday morning while we're out at "Sun Moon Lake"... amazing. :)
"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail." -Lamentations 3:22
Today I saw my first street jogger in Taiwan. He was an inspiring older man.
Today, a guy on a scooter kept trying to ask me something (in Mandarin). I kept responding in Mandarin, "I don't understand. Goodbye." He kept trying to talk to me. I finally said in Spanish that I don't understand. Then he left me alone.
Today I had my first actual Chinese lesson and it was a beautiful feeling to be a student again. I love being a teacher. I love being a student. Roger that, though I've often doubted it, the field of education is the place for me.
I heard a country song playing in a bakery today. "Praying for Daylight" by Rascal Flatts to be exact. I joyfully sang along. The workers thought that was... interesting.
At the store last weekend, I found out that I now stare at other foreigners as much as I get stared at myself. They (we) really do look funny.
We had a semi-exciting power outage last night. You could here the students in the dorms yelling. One guy came and told us that they didn't know what to do because they had to study for a test the next day. I considered it a very fine excuse to go to bed early.
Sandra, one of my Chinese teachers and a member at Salvation church, informed me today that there is a PIANO on it's way to find a new home at the Practice!! Michelle and I had both been inquiring after a piano for a while now, and we were overjoyed to hear the news that there was an extra one we could put to good use! (This beats our plan B of purchasing a full keyboard at Carrefour. I wasn't sure how we'd manage to get that one strapped to our bikes anyhow.) All we'll have to do is move the dryer to get this fantastic new addition through the back door next week. YES!
And now the photo of the (yester)day:

It was air conditioner cleaning day at the Practice. Very much a surprise. Very much appreciated. Very glad I made my bed that morning.
This weekend, since Monday is a national holiday, "10-10," we are going on a camping excursion with the CELA staff. (Yes, camping-camping with tents and sleeping bags.) One of those who are not Christian suggested we have a Bible study on Sunday morning while we're out at "Sun Moon Lake"... amazing. :)
"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail." -Lamentations 3:22

4 Comments:
Anna! You are so random! I love you! Thanks for the update. It was very enjoyable to read. We'll have to talk soon. Blessings <><
When I got done reading this entry I was frustrated--because at the bottom I read the link that said "1 comments" and felt this need to make the subject and verb match. Now all is well in our world of Anna's blog!
Yay for the cute air conditioners! They look cool, like a big robot laid a bunch of hatchlings at your back door to take care of. The photo, in that case, is precious.
I should mention that I have not experienced an air conditioner in London. I wear sweaters almost every day and sometimes sleep with the fireplace turned on.
God bless you and Taiwan!
Anna! I would love to have you in New Zealand! I'll certainly be around, and it'll be summer (good weather and no school for me). Let me know if it sounds like a possibility!
Oooo! Well, I am sure happy to hear that it would be a go on that end. Though I'm afraid a trip to New Zealand is definitely still in the "dream a little dream" stage. :) Maybe someday. A person has to dream. Keep me posted on how things are going there! :) God's great blessings in Christ be YOURS this and each day!
Post a Comment
<< Home