Friday, October 28, 2005

"Love Hits You Blindside...

...like a bus in China."

That was a quote from long ago. (Shout out to the Ningbo peeps!) Tonight those words came to mind... as I was nearly hit blindside by a very large bus. Tonight I also got to walk up to a Taiwanese man, a complete stranger, and tell him, "I love you." I actually said, "I'm supposed to tell you I love you." It was a part of our picture scavenger hunt with the English club at the beautiful campus of Chung Chen (closer to the correct spelling?) University. Along with this, my team got to talk on shoes like telephones... with complete strangers, ask a complete stranger to pretend like he was sleeping on his bike, lay down on a road, pretend to have bird flu by a dead bird, ask a professor to take a picture for us, and ask other complete strangers for a hair, to arrange our bodies to spell, "I love EHC," and to pose for various other pictures according to the clothes they were wearing. I think we honest to goodness scared one girl.

Speaking of, I've discovered that just looking different sometimes isn't enough to get stares. What really works is buying a watermelon at the fruit market, and then putting it in your backpack to carry home on your bike. Or you can just ditch the bike (say if it breaks) and run beside it for a couple miles. That will get some people to turn their head. Or you can dress up like BATGIRL.

This week is Halloween-themed week. I have some great pictures for you. The students here (and by students I probably mean parents) know how to do costumes. Wednesday morning was my K-3 students' big celebration, and this late afternoon was the big party (including trick or treating to different offices around campus) for my E-3s. Here're some pictures:

My Crickets :)


My Ladybugs :)

(All the K-3 classes here have insect names, the K-2s have flower names, and the K-1s have fruit names.)

Ali Baba?


Stand aside, good citizens... we are here!


Pin the (magnetic) nose on the Jack-o-Lantern :)


Peter Pan and company :)




This fish was my favorite costume!


One of my students showing off his loot.


The CELA Dean (even though we call her our principal) talking with a K-1 penguin... hee hee


This is another picture of K-1 when they came into the office trick or treating this morning.... hee hee hee... you can't help but giggle when you take a look at that little teeny tiny super man dude.


And I didn't get as many pictures of E-3's festivities, but here are a couple:





It's been a busy week with the special activities, and I've once again realized I don't so much care for Halloween. But ah well. Candy and costumes are fun.

I just wanted to share those pictures!

Have a great day in the Lord and His love!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Anna, the kids are little darlings and are really cute in their costumes.

Take Care and God Bless You

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it`s so funny that they all hold the peace sign whenever they have there picture taken. Peace out: #


Love,
Sarah

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home