Wednesday, October 26, 2005

In a Nutshell

So I've always heard people refer to John 3:16 as "The Bible in a Nutshell." I always supposed that to be a pretty good winner of the title. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." It covers the basics pretty well.

But today, a verse hit me as an even BETTER "Bible in a Nutshell" verse.

You'll have to see what you think.

Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

WOW! It hit me like I had never read it before. It covers the whole expanse... sin and salvation! Genesis to Revelation!... Law AND Gospel!

That simple sentences expresses both the heaviness of our sin, and the greatness of our God's love given to us freely through Christ Jesus!

Hope you are all having a day full of God's love and peace.

And here's a shout out to the other Anna on the team, in honor of her 23rd birthday... which starts just about NOW Taiwan time! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANNA H. !!! May your day be full of many special blessings! Maybe even some singing, costumed, trick-or-treating little 5 year old blessings! :-D Hee hee... Oh, it will be, it will be! :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is awesome of you to put up all these cool bible verses. Each one blows me away more than the other. But I do have to say that is my favorite: *

Love,
Sarah

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home