Good Just Got Better

I just have to share a little of this day's happiness on here. So Thursdays nights were my only "free" night of the week... except that on Thursday nights there is an English club at a nearby university (Jong Jen?) that Mike leads and some of the other guys help with too. And I had been really cuious what the college English club was like... and tonight, though I had planned on catching up on some grading and resting, brought something much better. :)
It all started when I heard the guys talking about the plans tonight including football and ultimate frisbee. It's ridiculous how much I miss fall. And both of those things make me think of fall and being outside and the smell of grass and wet earth and cool night air and throwing objects around with a bunch of friends... and so I thought to myself, "Well, that'd be fun, but rest is probably better." Plus, I didn't have a way to really get there on time as it would be about a 40 minute bike ride and I probably wouldn't get on the road till 7:00, the same time the club starts.
Judy, a teacher in the office, a dear person, and someone very interested in Christ, but not professing faith... heard that I was in a bit of a dilemma of what to do and immediately called her husband (a prof at the university and a leading scientist in his specific field of biological psychology) and then told me he'd be happy to give me and anyone else interested a ride there in their car and then pick us up at afterwards too. Wow. They are incredible people... this was the first I had met Judy's husband, but he's fascinating. He got his doctorate at Purdue, and among other things, teaches graduate courses at this university, does reaseach, and plays the "Chinese violin" (The "Chinese violin" is a two stringed instrument... he's learning from his neighbor who is the former lead "Chinese violin" player in the oldest traditional Taiwanese orchestra... like I said, really fascinating to talk with this guy... oh, and he's going to be gone a few days coming up as he's going to go hear the Dalai Lama speak on religion and psychology.)
But what a blessing the evening was as a whole. The car rides were wonderful conversation and then the club itself was a blast. There were probably about 40 people all together. We met in a room in the university's activities center first. Here is Mike teaching the rules of American football:

After the English language/American culture lesson (the students requested to learn about American culture), we went out to their sporting field to throw a football and to play Ultimate Frisbee. It was amazing. I can't even say how wonderful it was to be playing again, to be running on GRASS, to be under the stadium lights and yelling and laughing and throwing/cathcing/dropping the frisbee, and cheering, and turning cartwheels, and making connections through what I'm becoming more and more convinced is the greatest game of all time... okay, maybe tied with two other games. But the smell. It smelled like wet grass and dirt. And I could have soaked that smell in all night. A few of the college students have become coming to the Friday night Bible study event at Salvation Lutheran... and another person told me tonight, "I'm going to Bible study tomorrow!" Wow. I'm really excited to see them there now especially that we had that time to socialize and talk together and play ULTIMATE FRISBEE together.
Here is James, in the referee attire, explaining some of the rules... either of football or frisbee, I forget...

And some action shots. We had so many people, we divided into four groups and two played against each other in frisbee while the other two practiced some mad (as in very cool) football skills.... or cheered.


And another thing today that I thought was good but also got better.... someone came to the Practice and tuned the piano... AND must have scrubbed it down to make it what it is now... spotless, and SHINY. I can't keep my fingers off it.

And yet another thing that went better than expected was the camping trip that the CELA staff went on this past weekend in celebration of "Double Ten Day," a holiday of the Republic of China. But that requires more time to blog about (so hopefully I'll get some pictures and storeis from that experience up here in the next few days) and I just wanted to put this up quick and share a few of the blessings of this day.
Prayer requests:
*That God would continue to use His people to share His word. And that His Holy Spirit would ignite faith in the hearts of all these people we meet here... who have yet to know Him.
*That the English club would be a good relationship builder, connection maker, and outreach opportunity for those involved.
*That God would continue to give us strength and encouragement. That He would continue to build our faith in Him. That He would fill our hearts with love to share.
*That God would give comfort and peace to those dealing with pain or seeing loved ones in pain.
Maybe those are somewhat general, but they are much needed prayers. Thank you again for all your support through prayer. God is good. And as my university chaplain would say, "Don't doubt in the darkness what you know in the light." May we all be encouraged to remember that God is good through the times of overwhelming blessing and the times of overhwleming challenge and pain.
Alright, once again, a "quick blog" has turned into something a bit more lengthy. :)
"And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:19

4 Comments:
Just a note to let you know you're in my prayers! Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow - good, Better, BEST! :) Love in Him, J
Annie Bananie!
It's very sad that you did not get to play Ultimate Frisbee in St. Paul as often as the rest of us...
It's so fun to hear how things are going and that things are going very well indeed Sista.
This is such a special time for you, Anna. This is awesome that you can do things you enjoy and you can work through God. Your incredible! I admire you so much. GO ANNA!! You da girl. WOOOOOOOO.
Love,
Sarah
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Infiniti i35 oem navigation vapor steam humidifiers phendimetrazine 270 count 35mg Sds cpu Parma heating and cooling Black dildo lesbians Using drapery clip rings Rebuild old ford Halo flash games download Salvage parts locator compare volvo s80 moving services http www.homebulletin.net http Keno wager online Wholesale licence plate frames auction moving company Buildings moving companies california mini camera digital Klonopin constipation Yoga pilates hatha yoga weightloss.cmcdaniel.info yoga Brooding house plans
Post a Comment
<< Home