Saturday, August 13, 2005

"Table of Plenty"

We are blessed. One of the countless blessings is the fact that we have food on our table. Here's a picture of an especially special dinner because all except the chicken and potatoes is the harvest of our garden and fruit trees.

Anyone who has been to our house has probably been a guest on my dad's "garden tour." :) He's definitely a farmer's son, and proud of it. And I am proud to be a farmer's grandaughter and hope to carry on the garden growing someday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I gotta say, that's impressive. Our family's fallen by the gardening wayside in recent years. Not like I ever contributed much to it to begin with...

2:40 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

oops, I have to confess that the apples and grapes in the fruit salad were also storebought... but the other fruits were little peaches and plums - and they may be little, but they have BIG taste

Chris, glad you're part of a gardening heritage... maybe you can revive the Strom green thumb in Macau? :)

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home