I Would Drive 1200 Miles...
The Body of Christ... I've been thinking a lot about the Body of Christ lately. Christ tells us that we, His people, the Church, are His body, His hands and feet, the people through whom we receive care and love, encouragement and support... Hmm.
Well, the Lord has been touching my life with what seems to be an extra measure of love and encouragement lately through different people in my life, and here is a picture of one such wonderful instance. I was surprised (to say the least) Saturday evening to find a dear friend of mine on my door step. You may ask why I found that to be such a surprise until l I tell you this friend lives a good 600 miles away and is newly married and starting a new job this week. She had talked with my family and put together this plan to come assist me in my organizing and packing campaign. It was not only a joy to spend time with a good friend, but thanks to her drill-sergeant-ish-resolve, I think I got more done in the three days she was here than in the whole rest of the summer combined!

Here we are, taking one last fell swoop at my endless supply of random paper-ness. As another friend said, concerning projects such as this, it always has to look worse before it starts looking better. The recycling plant is going to love my house this week.
Thank you to all of you who have given and do give love and support as you are the hands of Christ to those around you (or 600+ miles away).
Well, the Lord has been touching my life with what seems to be an extra measure of love and encouragement lately through different people in my life, and here is a picture of one such wonderful instance. I was surprised (to say the least) Saturday evening to find a dear friend of mine on my door step. You may ask why I found that to be such a surprise until l I tell you this friend lives a good 600 miles away and is newly married and starting a new job this week. She had talked with my family and put together this plan to come assist me in my organizing and packing campaign. It was not only a joy to spend time with a good friend, but thanks to her drill-sergeant-ish-resolve, I think I got more done in the three days she was here than in the whole rest of the summer combined!

Here we are, taking one last fell swoop at my endless supply of random paper-ness. As another friend said, concerning projects such as this, it always has to look worse before it starts looking better. The recycling plant is going to love my house this week.
Thank you to all of you who have given and do give love and support as you are the hands of Christ to those around you (or 600+ miles away).

1 Comments:
Oh, how wonderful! And a great big
HELLO JILL!! Happy marriage (I hope) and all that jazz.
I hope you two crazy cats are enjoying the packing. Anna- any plans for swinging through London on the way yet? :o)
Post a Comment
<< Home