Saturday, August 20, 2005

Asan


Asan is a sort of mascot for the school here. Apparently, he had been someone's pet and was then donated to the school. The school children feed him and mimic his whoops and hollers and howls. I thought that he would seem unhappy since he's in a cage, but really, he seems very happy and swings back and forth hollering out with great gusto.

Someday, if I figure out how to put up videos, I could show you the video I took of Asan's swinging and hollerin'. :)


Asan touched my finger. He's the cutest happy little howler monkey ever.


This is called Dragon Fruit. It's colorful on the outside and has a kiwi-ish substance on the inside, except with seeds suspended throughout it. It's delicious!


Here're the photographer's samples like I posted about yesterday. :)

This morning we saw a show put on by the CELA summer school students. We saw dramatic and puppet renditions of The Three Little Pigs, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, the Country Mouse and the City Mouse, Chicken Little, and the Little Red Hen. There was a BBQ following, but some of us ended up eating at the school cafeteria and it was really good. This afternoon, we had a little break and soon we're going into the city to have health checks and to get some things at the big store... similar to a Target from what I understand.

I've met more really nice people today. One of the national teachers showed me my desk in the CELA office. It's fun as things become more and more real. We're really teachers! The school seems to be very well run, and I'm thankful for the organization and am really glad to be a part of this staff.

Later tonight, I think we're also going to go to a night market. And I might ride on a scooter for the first time... and be assigned my bike. :) That's the latest.

Thank you for the prayers and the words of encouragement! I appreciate it more than I can express. :) God's peace to you!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These first few days are sure exciting. Keeping you in our prayers. Love you Aunt Jane & Uncle David

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anna!
I just finished reading your blog and updating myself on what is going on with all of your activities, adventures, and fun. You are in my prayers as God continues to guide you in this incredible time of learning. He is your Prince of Peace and Guiding Light in the dark.

1:29 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I'm so glad you had safe travels and arrived in Taiwan! It sounds like you are enjoying your experiences. As always, I am praying for Team Taiwan!

3:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home